The New York City Council is seeking to fill a Junior eDiscovery and Records Retention Attorney position in its Office of the General Counsel.
$100,000 to $110,000
- Conducting case set up and review management.
- Assisting lead attorneys with database navigation and technical support.
- Assisting with the development and management of best practices, policies, and procedures pertaining to eDiscovery processes and administration.
- Evaluating and implementing eDiscovery workflows for greater efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Implementing institutional changes and improvements as they pertain to record retention.
- Ensuring risk management and legal compliance by assisting staff with creation, tracking, capture, index, searching, maintenance, retention, and final disposition of critical records.
- J.D. and admission to NY State Bar.
- 4+ years of eDiscovery experience with a law firm, in-house legal department, or eDiscovery service provider.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, specifically Access Databases.
- Experience with document review platforms, specifically Relativity and Ringtail / NUIX Discover.
- Solid understanding of the EDRM and proper data handling techniques.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to client documents and institutional procedures and practices.
- Adept problem solver with ability to lead and collaborate with others, prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet timelines.
- Self-motivated, highly dependable, and process oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation competencies, as well as ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to problems and recommend the best solution to the project team.
- Ability to meet with staff of varying levels to gather, document, and understand particular office and institutional requirements to complete eDiscovery and retention assignments.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
For eligible employees, health, dental and vision insurance coverage are offered upon hire. Retirement plans, deferred compensation plans, group life insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, training resources, health & fitness reimbursement and wellness programs are also available.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (JRA)
250 Broadway, 26th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.