The New York City Council is looking for Assistant Sergeant-At-Arms to provide coverage within various areas of both City Hall and offices at 250 Broadway.
$52,000 to $62,000
- Assisting in maintaining order and decorum during Council Committee meetings/hearings, ensures the proper seating of witnesses and the public at meetings and hearings.
- Handling of exhibits during said meetings/hearings, distributing calendars, minutes, bills and resolutions to Council Members during meetings/hearings.
- Covering all off-site hearings, participating in special events and parades, providing security and screening visitors.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency.
- Two (2) years of satisfactory full-time experience.
- Knowledge of security procedures and practices.
- Skill in conducting searches and using security equipment.
- Skill in administering first aid and using emergency equipment.
- Excellent communication skills; takes initiative, determination, and assertiveness.
- Availability to participate in after hours and/or off-site events and weekends/holidays a plus.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new interns must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered an internship with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your start date, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and interns with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the application or interview process, to perform essential functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of the internship, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (SA)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.