The New York City Council is seeking to fill a Compliance Associate position in its Office of the General Counsel.
$52,000 to $62,000
- Perform confidential background checks.
- Conduct a wide range of investigations for the Office of the General Counsel and the Office of the Speaker.
- Assist in conducting intake interviews with staff and candidates for appointment to various City boards and commissions.
- Assist in the vetting of not-for-profit community organizations.
- Assist in the collection and review of financial disclosure reports.
- Perform other tasks as needed to support the compliance and legal work of the Office of the General Counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college preferred or equivalent education/experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a wide variety of types of individuals.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License preferred.
For eligible employees, health, dental and vision insurance coverage are offered upon hire. Retirement plans, deferred compensation plans, group life insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, training resources, health & fitness reimbursement and wellness programs are also available.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (CA)
250 Broadway, 26th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.