The New York City Council is seeking to fill a Paralegal position in its Office of the General Counsel.
$60,000 to $70,000
This position encompasses work of varying degrees of difficulty and responsibility performed under supervision of managers, attorneys, and/or higher level staff which may include but is not limited to the following:
- Directly provide administrative support to the General Counsel, lawyers and other office personnel.
- Perform highly sensitive and confidential tasks upon request.
- Produce reports, compose correspondence and other paperwork.
- Conduct a wide range of internal investigations for the Office of the General Counsel and the Office of the Speaker.
- Assist the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Officer in reviewing and responding to FOIL requests.
- Transport, inventory and track Council documents in compliance with various laws and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a corporation, law firm, or litigation services industry.
- Analytical thinker with detailed research proficiencies.
- Ability to grasp and interpret legal documents and concepts.
- Must have strong communication skills and uphold strict confidentiality and privacy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
- Familiarity with document management systems.
- Ability to use Nuix Discover (formerly Ringtail), or other electronic document review software for data processing, review and production.
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
For eligible employees, health, dental and vision insurance coverage are offered upon hire. Retirement plans, deferred compensation plans, group life insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, training resources, health & fitness reimbursement and wellness programs are also available.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (PL)
250 Broadway, 26th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.