|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Division||Land Use||Open Date||01/10/18|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Land Use Division of the New York City Council plays a critical role in in the land use process in the City of New York and is seeking to fill the position of Paralegal.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Prepare bi-weekly Land Use calendars and introductions and call ups for the Stated Council Agenda. Calculate legal deadlines for all applications.
- Coordinate with Land Use project managers to create biweekly briefing materials in a single cohesive document.
- Prepare public notice for publication in the City Record, including entering it into City Register Online system.
- Prepare Land Use Committee Report and Council Resolutions, legal documents comprising the Council’s decisions.
- Provide clerical support, accept newly filed applications, and maintain files and division databases.
- Update and maintain bi-weekly spreadsheet containing project information and reports.
Applicants must have paralegal certification obtained by an accredited program or a program approved by the American Bar Association; minimum of one year full-time experience in the performance of paralegal (legal assistant) services; superior typing and data entry skills, proficiency with Word, Adobe and Excel; experience in handling multiple assignments with competing deadlines with a high degree of detail and accuracy; must be highly organized to work in a fast-paced environment with a large group of people. Availability to work additional hours, as needed, to complete assignments/projects. Salary is commensurate with experience.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Recruitment Unit/PARA
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER