The New York City Council is seeking to fill an Associate General Counsel position in its Office of the General Counsel.
$110,000 to $120,000
- Provide legal counsel and guidance related to ethics, conflicts of interest , procurement, transactions, compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies affecting the City Council.
- Handle other matters in the General Counsel’s Office as may be assigned.
- Must possess a J.D. from an accredited law school and admitted to practice law in New York State.
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience.
- Experience and strong working knowledge of ethics, the legislative process, and familiarity with New York City and State law.
- Demonstrated competence and confidence to operate with credibility at senior levels.
- Intellectual and conceptual flexibility to analyze, interpret, present and write about complex ideas and concepts clearly and concisely.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize as well as execute while exhibiting good judgment.
- Must possess a collegial and collaborative mindset.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (AGC)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.