- The new season of our monthly Housing Clinics begins Wednesday 9/13 at 6:30 pm, with our partners at the Goddard Riverside Law Project and Takeroot Justice. And we’re resuming in-person clinics (at least until winter), hosting at Goddard (593 Columbus Ave.). September’s topic is “Basics of rent stabilization and updates on the Rent Guidelines Board vote” and there’s an opportunity to meet with an attorney after the presentation. Call 212-873-0282 to RSVP.
- Saturday, 10/14, 11 am–2:30 pm, Sol Bloom Playground (W. 92nd St btw Columbus Ave and Central Park West): Free Bicycle Helmet Fitting and Giveaway for children and adults with the New York City Department of Transportation. While supplies last.
- Tuesday, 10/17, 9 am–4:30 pm, outside my district office (563 Columbus Ave): Appointments now available (at 877-628-9090) for the next visit by the American-Italian Cancer Foundation’s Mammogram Bus. There’s no cost—no co-pays, deductibles are waived, and uninsured patients are welcome—for NYC women between ages 40–79 who haven’t had a mammogram in the last 12 months. Early detection saves lives, and it couldn’t be more convenient.
- Wednesday, 10/18, 1–4 pm, St. Agnes branch library (444 Amsterdam Ave @W 82nd St): Older Adult Tech Clinic. Is your smart phone confounding you? Have you wanted to run a Zoom with your family? Do you know how to secure your accounts with two-factor authentication? Senior Planet and Older Adults Technology Services from AARP trainers and DOROT Tech Coaches will provide one-on-one help to answer all your questions. Register by calling 212-873-0282.
- Thursday, 10/20, 10 am–5 pm, outside my district office at 563 Columbus Ave: Representatives from the City Dept. of Housing Preservation and Development’s Office of Enforcement and Neighborhood Services will be on hand to respond to housing-related issues including the 3-1-1 complaint process, open violations, accessing affordable housing, foreclosure prevention, and tenant harassment. Register by calling 212-873-0282.
- Sunday 10/22, 10 am–2 pm (rain or shine), outside the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan (Amsterdam Ave b/w W 75th & W 76th St): E-waste recycling event with the help of the Lower East Side Ecology Center. Also taking clothing donations for distribution to families in transitional housing.
I am sponsoring two new virtual Rat Academy Trainings from the Dept. of Health—one for community gardeners on 10/17 from 10:30 am–12:30 pm, and another for building supers/staff, homeowners, and tenants on 10/26 from 10:30 am–12:30 pm. Click the links to enroll. Cosponsored with Community Board 7 and Senator Hoylman-Sigal.
- Thursday, 10/26, 2:30–3:30 pm, Project FIND Hamilton Older Adult Center (141 W 73 St b/w Amsterdam and Columbus Ave): Information session with the MTA on Reduced-Fare OMNY cards for Seniors.
- Monday, 11/20, 2–4 pm, St. Agnes Branch New York Public Library (444 Amsterdam Ave @W 81st St): “Pop-Up” District Office with me and my staff.
- Sunday, 12/3, 1-4p m, Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan (Amsterdam Ave b/w W 75th & W 76th St): our second annual Free Children’s Book Fair. While supplies last.