We encourage you to visit this page that will be updated accordingly as we learn of new developments. You can also register to receive text messages in real-time related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) in English when you text COVID to 692-692 or in Spanish when you text COVIDESP to 692-692. You can also log online.
NYC Enters Phase Four of Reopening Process
On Monday, July 20th, the City of New York entered Phase Four – the final stage of the reopening process. Click the button below to read more about the safety precautions and plans that must be implemented by industry businesses permitted to reopen. These guidelines are meant to protect both employers, employees, and customers – preventing the spread of COVID-19.
The New York Forward website provides an overview of Industry Guidance, the four phases of reopening, statewide guidelines, and additional updates.
The NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP) also reminds New Yorkers about NYC Workplace Laws. To learn more about the city labor laws, please visit nyc.gov/workers. Please also see attached for document with important information for employers and employees. NYC
City Agency Updates
In adherence to executive orders issued by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio, employees are telecommuting to help reduce density while practicing social distancing. Please take note of the service reductions and suspensions implemented by a vast number of city agencies. The most frequented sites are list below for your convenience:
- MTA NYC Transit
- NYC Public Schools / 2020-2021 School Year
- Brooklyn Public Library
- NYC Parks
- Small Businesses
- The City University of New York
Updates on City Services
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Community COVID-19 Testing Sites
- Antibody Testing Appointment Survey
- Health Insurance
- COVID-19 Hotel Program
- Food Distribution Locations in District 45
- Help Now NYC: Give Help, Get Help
- NYC Well: Mental Health Services
- Regional Enrichment Centers (RECs)
- Resources for Immigrant Communities
- Resources for Survivors of Gender-Based Violence / Domestic Violence Text Program
- LGBTQ New Yorkers
- Alternate Side Parking
- NYLAG’s Free NY COVID-19 Legal Resource Hotline
- Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC) Driver Resource Center
- Burial Assistance / Funeral & Burial Guidance
Contact Our Office
Although our offices are closed, our team will continue to provide Constituent Services by phone at (718) 629-2900 and via email at District45@council.nyc.gov, Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
We will share additional updates on these adjustments as soon as possible via email, website, and social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) pages listed as @cmfarahlouis. To subscribe to our listserv, text ‘CMFARAHLOUIS’ to 22828.