Climate change is no longer a theory to be debated – it is a reality that we must be prepared for. I recently offered a comprehensive vision for fortifying our City against the future impacts of climate change. This includes protecting our coastline and vulnerable communities, making our buildings more resilient and upgrading our energy, water, communications and transportation systems. I applaud Mayor Bloomberg’s continued leadership on this issue and the forward-thinking proposals he offered in today’s speech. This issue is simply too important to ignore. Working together, we will lead the way in ensuring New York is ready to meet the challenges of the years ahead. The future of our city depends on it.
Recent Press Releases
- Joint Statement from Speaker Adrienne Adams and Housing & Buildings Chair Pierina Sanchez on the U.S. Supreme Court’s Denial of Legal Challenge to Rent Stabilization Law October 2, 2023
- Council Passes One Time Waiver That Will Allow EMS Workers to Apply for Promotional FDNY Exam September 28, 2023
- Statement from Speaker Adrienne Adams on the Recommendation that No Disciplinary Action be Taken Against NYPD Officers in Killing of Kawaski Trawick September 26, 2023
- Joint Statement from Speaker Adrienne Adams and Deputy Speaker Diana Ayala on the Expanded Eligibility to Use CityFHEPS Outside of New York City September 26, 2023
- Statement from Speaker Adams on Yom Kippur September 24, 2023
Press Release RSS Feed