This report of the Council’s Oversight and Investigations Unit includes the findings of its investigation into the Department of Correction’s (DOC) bail payment process as well as recommendations for improvement.
Recent Press Releases
- COUNCIL SELECTS WORLD LEADING ENGINEERING FIRM TO ADVISE ON BQE RECONSTRUCTION September 16, 2019
- Council to Vote to Expand the City’s Human Rights Law September 12, 2019
- Council Speaker Corey Johnson and Committee on Immigration Chair Carlos Menchaca Announce a $16.6 Million Allocation to Fund the New York Immigrant Family Unity Project September 10, 2019
- SPEAKER COREY JOHNSON AND COMMITTEE ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE CHAIR KEITH POWERS ANNOUNCE $13.5 MILLION FOR ALTERNATIVES TO INCARCERATION PROGRAMS TO HELP REDUCE THE CITY’S JAIL POPULATION September 3, 2019
- STATEMENT BY COUNCIL SPEAKER COREY JOHNSON ON POLICE COMMISSIONER JAMES O’NEILL’S DECISION TO FIRE OFFICER DANIEL PANTALEO August 19, 2019