The Mexican community gathered at City Hall with Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Council Member Julissa Ferreras-Copeland and Council Member Carlos Menchaca to commemorate Mexican Independence Day, standing in solidarity with the victims of Hurricane Maria and the earthquakes in Mexico. Even in trying times, we continue to come together to celebrate and honor the resilient communities that make up our great City.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes To End Qualified Immunity and Seven Other Measures to Reform NYPD March 25, 2021
- Council Votes to Strengthen Lead Laws to Protect Children March 18, 2021
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson March 17, 2021
- Speaker Johnson, Council Members, and City Planning Announce Expansion of Program that Brings Green Grocers to Underserved Communities March 15, 2021
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson Calling on Gov. Cuomo to Resign March 12, 2021