The Mexican community gathered at City Hall with Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Council Member Julissa Ferreras-Copeland and Council Member Carlos Menchaca to commemorate Mexican Independence Day, standing in solidarity with the victims of Hurricane Maria and the earthquakes in Mexico. Even in trying times, we continue to come together to celebrate and honor the resilient communities that make up our great City.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes to Appoint New Committee Chairs January 6, 2021
- Council Votes to Prevent Fast-Food Workers From Being Fired Without “Just Cause” December 17, 2020
- Statement from Speaker Johnson on Council’s Historic Action To Voluntarily Recognize Union of Council Staffers December 17, 2020
- Speaker Corey Johnson Unveils Legislation to Create A New Ten-Year Comprehensive Planning Cycle for New York City December 16, 2020
- Speaker Corey Johnson Announces Appointment of Council Member Adrienne Adams as Chair of the Public Safety Committee December 11, 2020