The Mexican community gathered at City Hall with Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Council Member Julissa Ferreras-Copeland and Council Member Carlos Menchaca to commemorate Mexican Independence Day, standing in solidarity with the victims of Hurricane Maria and the earthquakes in Mexico. Even in trying times, we continue to come together to celebrate and honor the resilient communities that make up our great City.
Recent Press Releases
- Statement from Council Speaker Corey Johnson on the Passing of Former Mayor David Dinkins November 24, 2020
- Council Votes on Bills to Fight Age Discrimination November 19, 2020
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson on Public School Closures November 18, 2020
- Joint Statement from Council Speaker Corey Johnson and Education Committee Chair Mark Treyger November 13, 2020
- Speaker Corey Johnson and Oversight and Investigations Chair Ritchie Torres Announce Report on NYPD Official Inappropriate Online Behavior November 6, 2020