As part of the Speaker’s commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion and equity in tech workforce development, the Council is funding a pilot program geared toward NYCHA residents. Through this funding, Coalition 4 Queens and Per Scholas will provide training in IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and software development. This training will then be considered as qualifications for hiring in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree by 11 companies who have signed onto the initiative’s pledge. Additional pledge commitments include additional corporate resources to aid curriculum development, continued evaluation of the minimum requirements for technical roles, and development of new practices to increase the retention of diverse talent.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes on Legislative Package to Strengthen Fire Safety Inspired by Tragic Twin Parks Fire in Bronx May 19, 2022
- Statement from Speaker Adrienne E. Adams on the United States Senate’s Failure to Pass the Women’s Health Protection Act May 11, 2022
- Statement from Speaker Adrienne E. Adams on Rent Guidelines Board Preliminary Vote May 6, 2022
- Council Votes to Require Ratings and Improvement Plans for Parks and Playgrounds as Step Towards Addressing Parks Inequities May 5, 2022
- NYC Council Speaker Adrienne Adams, Women’s Caucus & Reproductive Rights Advocates Respond to Draft Supreme Court Opinion That Would Overturn Roe v. Wade May 3, 2022
To receive text alerts about when and where you can vote, text PBNYC to 212-676-8384.