As part of the Speaker’s commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion and equity in tech workforce development, the Council is funding a pilot program geared toward NYCHA residents. Through this funding, Coalition 4 Queens and Per Scholas will provide training in IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and software development. This training will then be considered as qualifications for hiring in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree by 11 companies who have signed onto the initiative’s pledge. Additional pledge commitments include additional corporate resources to aid curriculum development, continued evaluation of the minimum requirements for technical roles, and development of new practices to increase the retention of diverse talent.
Recent Press Releases
- New York City Council Files Motion to Intervene in Lawsuit Against Mayor Adams’ Administration for Failure to Comply with CityFHEPS Laws February 21, 2024
- New York City Council Passes Legislation to Improve Health and Extend Life Expectancy for All New Yorkers February 8, 2024
- Speaker Adrienne Adams Delivers Testimony at New York State Senate & Assembly SFY ‘25 Budget Hearing on Local Government February 6, 2024
- New York City Council Overrides Mayor’s Vetoes on Legislation to Support Police Transparency and Ban Solitary Confinement January 30, 2024
- Statement from Speaker Adams on the New York City Council Holding a Stated Meeting on Tuesday to Override Mayor’s Vetoes of Int. 586-A and Int. 549-A January 26, 2024
To receive text alerts about when and where you can vote, text PBNYC to 212-676-8384.