As part of the Speaker’s commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion and equity in tech workforce development, the Council is funding a pilot program geared toward NYCHA residents. Through this funding, Coalition 4 Queens and Per Scholas will provide training in IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and software development. This training will then be considered as qualifications for hiring in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree by 11 companies who have signed onto the initiative’s pledge. Additional pledge commitments include additional corporate resources to aid curriculum development, continued evaluation of the minimum requirements for technical roles, and development of new practices to increase the retention of diverse talent.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes to Create a Citywide Climate Resiliency Plan October 7, 2021
- Council Votes on Bills to Protect Delivery Workers September 23, 2021
- COUNCIL VOTES TO EXPAND ACCESS TO PRIMARY HEALTH CARE September 9, 2021
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson, Chair of Committee on Resiliency and Waterfronts Justin Brannan, Chair of Committee on Environmental Protection James F. Gennaro, and Chair of Committee on Transportation Ydanis Rodriguez September 3, 2021
- Council Votes to Make Third-Party Food Delivery Fee Caps Permanent August 26, 2021
To receive text alerts about when and where you can vote, text PBNYC to 212-676-8384.