Nearly 50 percent of New York City-area teens have experienced cyberbullying, while 8 in 10 teens know another student that has experienced it. We’ve teamed up with Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, The New York City Council, MobilizeNY, Tyler Clementi Foundation, Common Sense Media, the NYC Department of Education- to unveil a 15-minute film designed to educate parents and teens on cyberbullying.
Recent Press Releases
- City Council Unveils Legislation to Provide Civil Penalty Relief for Small Businesses March 1, 2021
- Council Votes to Pass the “Renewable Rikers” Act February 11, 2021
- Speaker Johnson and Immigration Committee Chair Menchaca Release Letter to Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas Calling for Dismissal of the ICE New York Field Office Director February 3, 2021
- Speaker Johnson and Majority Leader Cumbo Joint Statement on Spice Factory Rezoning February 1, 2021
- City Council Unveils Legislative Plans to Redefine Public Safety and Strengthen Police Accountability January 29, 2021