June 1st marks the first day of Gun Violence Awareness Month. Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito joined youth from Spanish Harlem to march together to take a stand against violence in their community and call for peace! Thank you to all the students, teachers, parents, organizations and schools that marched with us!
Recent Press Releases
- City Council Unveils Legislation to Provide Civil Penalty Relief for Small Businesses March 1, 2021
- Council Votes to Pass the “Renewable Rikers” Act February 11, 2021
- Speaker Johnson and Immigration Committee Chair Menchaca Release Letter to Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas Calling for Dismissal of the ICE New York Field Office Director February 3, 2021
- Speaker Johnson and Majority Leader Cumbo Joint Statement on Spice Factory Rezoning February 1, 2021
- City Council Unveils Legislative Plans to Redefine Public Safety and Strengthen Police Accountability January 29, 2021