New York City’s commitment to protecting and educating immigrant New Yorkers with information is stronger than ever. We urge all immigrant New Yorkers who are concerned about the recent election to contact one of the trusted legal service organizations that has partnered with the City to provide free immigration screenings and services, or one of the many community organizations in your neighborhood that provides information about immigration and city services and protections. Referrals to trusted organizations are also available by calling 311.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes To End Qualified Immunity and Seven Other Measures to Reform NYPD March 25, 2021
- Council Votes to Strengthen Lead Laws to Protect Children March 18, 2021
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson March 17, 2021
- Speaker Johnson, Council Members, and City Planning Announce Expansion of Program that Brings Green Grocers to Underserved Communities March 15, 2021
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson Calling on Gov. Cuomo to Resign March 12, 2021