New York City’s commitment to protecting and educating immigrant New Yorkers with information is stronger than ever. We urge all immigrant New Yorkers who are concerned about the recent election to contact one of the trusted legal service organizations that has partnered with the City to provide free immigration screenings and services, or one of the many community organizations in your neighborhood that provides information about immigration and city services and protections. Referrals to trusted organizations are also available by calling 311.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes to Appoint New Committee Chairs January 6, 2021
- Council Votes to Prevent Fast-Food Workers From Being Fired Without “Just Cause” December 17, 2020
- Statement from Speaker Johnson on Council’s Historic Action To Voluntarily Recognize Union of Council Staffers December 17, 2020
- Speaker Corey Johnson Unveils Legislation to Create A New Ten-Year Comprehensive Planning Cycle for New York City December 16, 2020
- Speaker Corey Johnson Announces Appointment of Council Member Adrienne Adams as Chair of the Public Safety Committee December 11, 2020