New York City’s commitment to protecting and educating immigrant New Yorkers with information is stronger than ever. We urge all immigrant New Yorkers who are concerned about the recent election to contact one of the trusted legal service organizations that has partnered with the City to provide free immigration screenings and services, or one of the many community organizations in your neighborhood that provides information about immigration and city services and protections. Referrals to trusted organizations are also available by calling 311.
Recent Press Releases
- Speaker Corey Johnson, Finance Committee Chair Daniel Dromm, Capital Budget Subcommittee Chair Helen Rosenthal, and Mayor Bill de Blasio Announce Agreement on FY 2022 Budget June 30, 2021
- SPEAKER COREY JOHNSON AND MAYOR BILL DE BLASIO COMMIT TO PROVIDE PREVAILING WAGES TO SECURITY GUARDS AT CITY CONTRACTED SHELTERS June 18, 2021
- Council Votes on Small Business Relief Legislation June 17, 2021
- Council Votes on Legislation to Move More New Yorkers from Homeless Shelters into Permanent Housing May 27, 2021
- Legislation to Get New Yorkers Out of Shelter And Into Permanent Housing Up for a Vote This Week May 25, 2021