Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Council Member Andy King celebrated the $600,000 in Council funding to expand a video visitation program with the City’s three library systems to provide free live video services for families who wish to visit their NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) incarcerated loved ones. The program is offered at 22 public library branches across the five boroughs.
Recent Press Releases
- Speaker Corey Johnson, Finance Committee Chair Daniel Dromm, Capital Budget Subcommittee Chair Helen Rosenthal, and Mayor Bill de Blasio Announce Agreement on FY 2022 Budget June 30, 2021
- SPEAKER COREY JOHNSON AND MAYOR BILL DE BLASIO COMMIT TO PROVIDE PREVAILING WAGES TO SECURITY GUARDS AT CITY CONTRACTED SHELTERS June 18, 2021
- Council Votes on Small Business Relief Legislation June 17, 2021
- Council Votes on Legislation to Move More New Yorkers from Homeless Shelters into Permanent Housing May 27, 2021
- Legislation to Get New Yorkers Out of Shelter And Into Permanent Housing Up for a Vote This Week May 25, 2021