Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Council Member Andy King celebrated the $600,000 in Council funding to expand a video visitation program with the City’s three library systems to provide free live video services for families who wish to visit their NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) incarcerated loved ones. The program is offered at 22 public library branches across the five boroughs.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes to Appoint New Committee Chairs January 6, 2021
- Council Votes to Prevent Fast-Food Workers From Being Fired Without “Just Cause” December 17, 2020
- Statement from Speaker Johnson on Council’s Historic Action To Voluntarily Recognize Union of Council Staffers December 17, 2020
- Speaker Corey Johnson Unveils Legislation to Create A New Ten-Year Comprehensive Planning Cycle for New York City December 16, 2020
- Speaker Corey Johnson Announces Appointment of Council Member Adrienne Adams as Chair of the Public Safety Committee December 11, 2020