Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Council Member Andy King celebrated the $600,000 in Council funding to expand a video visitation program with the City’s three library systems to provide free live video services for families who wish to visit their NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) incarcerated loved ones. The program is offered at 22 public library branches across the five boroughs.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes to Strengthen the Green New Deal for New York City October 29, 2020
- A Preliminary Analysis of the City’s Payroll Shows Troubling Gender, Racial and Ethnic Pay Disparities October 29, 2020
- Schools with High Black and Hispanic Populations Had Low Student Engagement during Pandemic, City Data Shows October 15, 2020
- Council Votes to Make Outdoor Dining Permanent October 15, 2020
- City Council Announces $28.4 Million for Immigrant Services October 2, 2020