Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Council Member Andy King celebrated the $600,000 in Council funding to expand a video visitation program with the City’s three library systems to provide free live video services for families who wish to visit their NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) incarcerated loved ones. The program is offered at 22 public library branches across the five boroughs.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes on Legislative Package to Strengthen Fire Safety Inspired by Tragic Twin Parks Fire in Bronx May 19, 2022
- Statement from Speaker Adrienne E. Adams on the United States Senate’s Failure to Pass the Women’s Health Protection Act May 11, 2022
- Statement from Speaker Adrienne E. Adams on Rent Guidelines Board Preliminary Vote May 6, 2022
- Council Votes to Require Ratings and Improvement Plans for Parks and Playgrounds as Step Towards Addressing Parks Inequities May 5, 2022
- NYC Council Speaker Adrienne Adams, Women’s Caucus & Reproductive Rights Advocates Respond to Draft Supreme Court Opinion That Would Overturn Roe v. Wade May 3, 2022
To receive text alerts about when and where you can vote, text PBNYC to 212-676-8384.