Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Council Member Andy King celebrated the $600,000 in Council funding to expand a video visitation program with the City’s three library systems to provide free live video services for families who wish to visit their NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) incarcerated loved ones. The program is offered at 22 public library branches across the five boroughs.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes to Create a Citywide Climate Resiliency Plan October 7, 2021
- Council Votes on Bills to Protect Delivery Workers September 23, 2021
- COUNCIL VOTES TO EXPAND ACCESS TO PRIMARY HEALTH CARE September 9, 2021
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson, Chair of Committee on Resiliency and Waterfronts Justin Brannan, Chair of Committee on Environmental Protection James F. Gennaro, and Chair of Committee on Transportation Ydanis Rodriguez September 3, 2021
- Council Votes to Make Third-Party Food Delivery Fee Caps Permanent August 26, 2021
To receive text alerts about when and where you can vote, text PBNYC to 212-676-8384.