Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Council Member Andy King celebrated the $600,000 in Council funding to expand a video visitation program with the City’s three library systems to provide free live video services for families who wish to visit their NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) incarcerated loved ones. The program is offered at 22 public library branches across the five boroughs.
Recent Press Releases
- Statement from Speaker Adams on Yom Kippur September 24, 2023
- Statement from Speaker Adams on Mayor Adams’ Announcement of His Administration’s Proposed Zoning Text Amendment for Housing September 21, 2023
- Statements from Speaker Adams and New York Immigration Coalition on Biden Administration’s Extension and Re-Designation of Venezuela for Temporary Protected Status September 21, 2023
- NYC Council Speaker Adrienne Adams and Finance Chair Justin Brannan Highlight Public Libraries as a Priority, Outlining Budget Funding in Brooklyn and Across the City September 19, 2023
- Statement from Speaker Adams on Rosh Hashanah September 15, 2023
To receive text alerts about when and where you can vote, text PBNYC to 212-676-8384.