Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Council Member Andy King celebrated the $600,000 in Council funding to expand a video visitation program with the City’s three library systems to provide free live video services for families who wish to visit their NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) incarcerated loved ones. The program is offered at 22 public library branches across the five boroughs.
Recent Press Releases
- In the Aftermath of Hurricane Fiona, New York City Council Calls for Jones Act Waiver in Puerto Rico September 26, 2022
- Statement from Speaker Adrienne Adams on Rosh Hashanah September 25, 2022
- New York City Council Releases New Report on City Employee Pay Equity, Legislation to Address Disparities September 22, 2022
- Statement from Speaker Adrienne Adams on Relief Efforts to Puerto Rico in Aftermath of Hurricane Fiona September 21, 2022
- Statement from Speaker Adrienne Adams on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day September 21, 2022
To receive text alerts about when and where you can vote, text PBNYC to 212-676-8384.