Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Council Member Andy King celebrated the $600,000 in Council funding to expand a video visitation program with the City’s three library systems to provide free live video services for families who wish to visit their NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) incarcerated loved ones. The program is offered at 22 public library branches across the five boroughs.
Recent Press Releases
- Council Votes To End Qualified Immunity and Seven Other Measures to Reform NYPD March 25, 2021
- Council Votes to Strengthen Lead Laws to Protect Children March 18, 2021
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson March 17, 2021
- Speaker Johnson, Council Members, and City Planning Announce Expansion of Program that Brings Green Grocers to Underserved Communities March 15, 2021
- Statement from Speaker Corey Johnson Calling on Gov. Cuomo to Resign March 12, 2021