It’s a work in progress…
We’re building Labs iteratively with an agile process that allows us to develop quickly and provides us flexibility to adjust to your feedback. And we’re committed to some core principles and goals:
- Digital Inclusion Equity and cultural competency are fundamental in informing a wider audience and engaging them in decision-making processes
- Accessibility Council Labs will not prevent interaction with, or access to information, by people with disabilities
- Usability Council Labs works on various operating systems and browsers on all devices—phone, tablet, laptop, desktop…
- State-of-the-art Council Labs is built on a modern, actively-developed, and trusted FOSS software stack
- Scalability Council Labs continues to function well as it grows and new features are introduced or changed
We’re working on the Council Members’ District pages. We want to understand your concerns and needs to guide the design and development of tools for Members, Districts, and their constituents.
We’re putting you first.
Our top priority building Council Labs is to learn from our neighbors, the residents of NYC. What do you need from a Council website? We’ll discover this by speaking directly to you, and through regular usability testing and analytics.
Have an idea? Let us know.
We’re committed to transforming the Council to be more responsive to the people it’s entrusted to serve. We’re listening to your ideas.