New York City Council Fiscal Year 2022 Discretionary Funding Expense Application Filing Period
Please be advised that all not for profit community-based organizations that wish to apply for discretionary funding for FY 2022 must submit a Council Application.
The FY2022 application will be posted on the Council’s website on Monday, January 4, 2021, and the submission deadline will be on Tuesday, February 16, 2021. Visit here for the application.
Also, please note that if an application is not submitted within the filing period, the community-based organization will not be eligible for funding.
After submitting your NYC Council FY22 Discretionary Expense Application, we ask that you submit District 35’s Supplemental Application. To access our supplemental form, visit here.
Budget meeting requests will be processed via this application. However, please note we receive over one thousand applications. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to speak to and/or meet with every applicant.
Join us for our FINAL FY22 Expense Funding Application Workshop!
To assist first-time applicants or those who would like a refresher, we are having our final application assistance workshop on Wednesday, February 10th from 5:30-7:30 pm. The workshop will be facilitated by the NonProfit HelpDesk.
We welcome you to attend! RSVP here.
New York City Council Fiscal Year 2022 Capital Grants Application for Non-City Organizations
Non-City organizations applying for the Fiscal Year 2022 capital funding may now download and submit applications at the CapGrants portal. All groups should submit their completed applications through this portal.
- Groups designated All Other, Charter School, or Housing organizations, may view and download their applications on the CapGrants page. If your group represents a non-DOE school or community-based organization, please use the form.
- Cultural organizations may view and download their applications via the Department of Cultural Affairs Capital Funding page. Your group should still submit completed applications through the CapGrants portal.
Application deadlines vary depending on the source of the funding your group has requested.
- Thursday, February 25, 2021, 5:00 pm: applies if your project requests any funding from Borough Presidents (including those groups that are also requesting funding from the Council or Department of Cultural Affairs)
- Thursday, March 25, 2021, 5:00 pm: applies if your project is only requesting funding from the Council and/or the Department of Cultural Affairs
Other Funding Sources
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22) Capital Funding Application
- Cultural Development Fund (CDF)/Department of Cultural Affairs (DCLA)
- In order to receive notices about the release of the FY22 CDF application, organizations should register and create an organizational profile on DCLA’s website.
- Multi-year funding. Support for most FY21 grantees will be renewed in FY22. This change results in two-year grants for approximately 425 organizations with budgets under $250,000 that have only been eligible for single-year support in previous years. A full list of FY21 grant recipients is available at the following link: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/dcla/downloads/pdf/fy21-grantees-listing.pdf.
- The FY22 CDF application will be released in early March with a deadline in April.
- NYS Council on the Arts (NYSCA)
- NYSCA anticipates that their FY2022 grant opportunity application portal will open in Spring 2021. They will share all grant opportunity calendar updates on their website. Please continue to check their website frequently. If you would like to receive NYSCA updates, join their mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COVID-19 Relief Funds and Business Support-https://arts.ny.gov/resources/relief
- Brooklyn Arts Council
- Brooklyn Arts Council doesn’t have any specific deadlines at this time but if you sign up for their newsletters, they provide opportunity listings monthly. There is a link to sign up at the very bottom of the page: https://www.brooklynartscouncil.org/
- Brooklyn Community Foundation
- There are no applications open at this time. Check back-https://www.brooklyncommunityfoundation.org/apply.