The New York City Council is seeking a Web Developer to design, maintain, code, test and debug document applications to facilitate the Legislative Division’s business intelligence and back office operations.
$75,000 to $85,000
• Participate in the planning and execution of Agile sprints.
• Utilize best practices to achieve secure, well-documented and user-friendly applications.
• Must have the ability to identify security concerns and recommend necessary actions
• Translate business needs and inquiries into development projects
• Agility to adjust priorities and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong collaborative and communication skills, with the ability to explain proper and safe use of technology in a manner comprehensible to the general public.
• Bachelor of Science or Master’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in web application development.
• Experience with using and deploying to AWS (EC2, S3 and RDS).
• Proficiency with object-oriented programming in Python, and experience in database management.
• Experience with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL or MS SQL).
• Experience in HTML5, CSS3 and Java Script.
• Experience using React and Redux with solid understanding of ES6/7.
• Experience using versioning control tools (Git).
• Experience with use of Django, and Django Rest Framework.
• Extensive testing and debugging experience.
• UX/UI design experience.
• Familiarity with NYC government protocol is a plus.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (WD)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.