|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Temporary e- Discovery Attorney||Work Hours||Monday-Friday 9am-5pm|
|Division||General Counsel||Open Date||August 1, 2019|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New York City Council Office of the General Counsel is seeking a temporary e-Discovery Attorney for approximately one month to support the legal team in all aspects of e-Discovery from preservation, collection, processing, advanced searches, and production. Successful candidate must be fluent in Ringtail and will help to support the Council’s e-Discovery needs for various litigation and subpoena matters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as the e-Discovery administrator for litigation and subpoena matters through the document review platform, Ringtail.
• Managing and conducting document collection and review.
• Generating privilege logs.
• Assisting lead attorneys on litigation and subpoena productions.
• Reviewing and coding documents for litigation/subpoena relevance and privilege.
• Stay current with changes in e-Discovery and retention law, technologies, and best practices.
• Candidates must possess a J.D. from an accredited school of law and be admitted to practice law in New York State.
• 2+ years of e-Discovery experience with a law firm, in-house legal department, or e-Discovery service provider.
• Experience with the e-Discovery processing (EDRM) and proper data handling techniques.
• Expertise in City Council e-Discovery tools (Ringtail, Adobe, Relativity, Email Archiving Systems)
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Recruitment Unit/MCOGC
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
E-MAIL: email@example.com (with “OGC Temporary e-Discovery Attorney” in the subject field)
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.