|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Speaker Advance||Work Hours||Variable, including weekends and holidays|
|Division||Speaker’s Office||Open Date||05/22/18|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides “on the ground” information and logistical support to traveling party prior to arrival at destinations outside of City Hall. Early morning, evening and weekend availability is required.
Duties include but is not limited to:
- Coordinating the speaking program; identifying and checking in with the host; identifying elected officials; determining seating for The Speaker at functions.
- Providing information and logistical support to NYPD Intelligence Division officers protecting The Speaker that includes identifying parking options for The Speaker’s vehicle; identifying the quickest route for The Speaker to enter and exit; and pre-registering with building security for arrival of The Speaker and traveling staff and security.
- At public events informing, leading, supporting, and communicating with The Speaker’s traveling team any on-site information.
- At public events, handling all aspects of logistics prior to arrival of The Speaker.
- Providing support to the Press team to ensure Council message and brand are presented professionally to all media entities.
Must possess a valid New York State driver’s license; expert knowledge of New York City/State venues; GPS systems; ability to handle large and sometimes hostile public audiences at functions attended by Speaker and flexible work schedule (rotating schedules) are of extreme importance.
New York City Residency required within 90 Days of appointment. Excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience are offered.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter, resume and salary history as soon as possible to:
New York City Council
Attn: Administrative Services/Recruiting Unit/SPKADV
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER