The New York City Council’s Information Technology division is looking for experienced, talented individuals who are ready to join our incredible team.
$70,000 to $80,000
- Analyzing end-user hardware and software issues.
- Implementing complete solutions to restore system functionality.
- Providing timely and effective technical support to both internal and external staff.
- Adhering to problem management and documentation practices as per Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Supporting remote users and office locations, showing methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a Help Desk technical support role.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment, excellent oral and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Windows Active Directory, TCP/IP, LAN troubleshooting, DNS, DHCP, VOIP support, Citrix support, WIFI support.
- Printer support and mobile device troubleshooting.
- Mac experience is a plus.
- 25% travel to offices in the five boroughs of New York City.
- Wednesday through Sunday (five days).
- Due to the nature of this position, individuals will occasionally be required to work various daily shifts such as early mornings and/or evening.
For eligible employees, health, dental and vision insurance coverage are offered upon hire. Retirement plans, deferred compensation plans, group life insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, training resources, health & fitness reimbursement and wellness programs are also available.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (SRIS)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy