|New York City Council Job Posting|
|Position||Scheduler||Work Hours||9am – 5pm, varied late nights, weekends|
|Division||Office of the Speaker||Open Date||02/14/2020|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office of the Speaker is looking for a well-qualified Scheduler to coordinate and manage schedules, invitations and appointments for the Speaker of Council. The position requires frequent interaction with senior staff, elected officials and major organizations in New York City to develop and maintain the day-to-day schedule. The Scheduler works directly with the Director of Scheduling and Advance to manage the daily appointments and schedule.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist Director of Scheduling and senior staff with maintaining and updating schedule and handling event planning logistics;
- Manage all incoming invitations for meetings, events and scheduling requests; maintain an up to date archive and tracking system of all regrets and proxy meetings;
- Follow-up with senior staff regarding participation in events and meetings; work closely with all department directors to assign staff for meetings/events;
- Coordinate the production and compilation of all briefing materials for scheduled meetings and events;
- Oversee daily confirmations of meetings and appointments; manage proclamation and journal letter requests.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience/education; two+ years of high-level administrative experience. Proficiency with MS Excel and Word; strong Internet and computer skills and ability to interact confidently with organization heads, senior staff, elected officials and other VIPs. Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and upgrade skills. Collegiality and the ability to work both independently and as a team are expected.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/SCHED
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER