|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Receptionist||Work Hours||9am to 5pm|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New York City Council is seeking to fill a Receptionist position.
Job duties include:
- Provides front-line support and serves as an initial point of contact for visitors;
- Welcomes visitors in person or on the telephone;
- Primary communication liaison with designated coverage area; takes and deliver messages accurately and completely; directs visitors to appropriate person or location;
- Provides research and administrative assistance, such as copy faxing and the like;
- Sets up meeting areas, as requested;
- Supports maintaining a safe and professional work environment.
- Assists with special projects, updates databases and prepares various reports;
- Researches problems and propose/identify solutions;
- Contributes to a team effort and smooth operation of the designated coverage area.
One to two years of administrative or clerical experience. College graduates preferred. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong multi-tasking capabilities and time management, excellent organizational skills; i.e., filing system and record keeping. Working knowledge and ability to utilize desktop computers with software packages such as Microsoft Office or other software programs. Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and upgrade skills. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
New York City Residency Required within 90 days of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Administrative Services/Reception
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER