|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Press Officer||Work Hours||9 am – 5 pm|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New York City Council, the City’s legislative body, is seeking to fill the position of Press Officer in the Communications Division.
The responsibilities of this position include:
· Provides strategic communications guidance and assistance to Committees and Members.
· Works with Council Committees to develop and strategically publicize committee hearings and legislative efforts.
· Attends task force and committee meetings and hearings as appropriate. Drafts and edits releases, op-eds, letters to the editor and talking points.
· Pitches stories on committee and Member issues to reporters as appropriate.
· Handles the day-to-day media relations for Council Communications Office.
· Monitor and distribute newspaper clips for the Council.
Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials, superior writing skills, interpersonal skills, research, organizational and analytical skills. Ideal candidate would be proficient in or able to learn basic web content management skills. The position demands individuals who are capable of working in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines. Experience in public affairs, communications or political science is preferred.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Attn: Administrative Services/PO
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.