The New York City Council, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking to fill Policy Analysts positions in the Legislative Divisions.
$63,000 to $83,000
• Conduct policy research and analysis.
• Manage relationships with stakeholders.
• Assist in the preparation of committee hearings.
• Draft committee and oversight reports.
• Possess excellent academic credentials.
• Superior writing, research and analytical skills.
• Strong communication and organizational abilities.
• Hard working, creative, enthusiastic and a team player.
• Graduate degree is preferred.
• Familiarity with New York City Government and work in the government or non-profit sector is a plus.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (PA)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.