|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||OTPS Accounts Payable Assistant||Work Hours||9am-5pm|
|Division||Administrative Services||Open Date||December 9, 2019|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New York City Council is seeking to fill the position of Accounts Payable Assistant in the OTPS unit of the Administrative Services Division.
The job will entail performing duties and responsibilities related to OTPS expenditures including:
• Prepare, review, process and file invoices in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with the City Procurement and regulations requirements.
• Audit vouchered payments, check descriptions and specifications to determine their accuracy, adequacy and consult with departments and agencies to adjust possible discrepancies.
• Research and respond to inquiries related to various payments, such as check number, issue date, clear date and stop and reissue.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining expenditure data, scanning, filing system and provide various budget reports.
• Distributing of various supplies.
• Maintaining liaisons with various city agencies, Council Member offices and vendors to ensure prompt payment for goods and services.
• Oversee vendor maintenance, enter and modify vendor information, assist vendors with EFT direct deposit.
• Perform other duties and projects that are required to support the OTPS unit as assigned.
• Working knowledge of Financial Management System (FMS) and Excel.
Qualified candidate would preferably possess a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of full time relevant experience; or Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of full time relevant experience.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/OTPS
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER