The New York City Council’s Finance Division is seeking to fill the position of an Operations Manager to provide administrative and operational support to the Finance Division. The Council’s Finance Division is a team of analysts, attorneys, economists, and administrative staff who provide Council Members with research on budgetary actions and their fiscal impact. They also work with Council Members to monitor and evaluate agency spending.
$100,000 to $120,000
The Finance Operations Manager will have four primary functions and work primarily with the Chief Financial Officer and Managing Deputy Director: Managing the work of Senior Administrative Coordinators and Administrative Assistants in the Finance Division; managing the schedule of the Chief Financial Officer and Managing Deputy Director; and managing the day-to-day office operations, including organizing the office, ordering supplies, and helping to maintain a neat and positive work environment.
- Oversee onboarding and off boarding of employees, including desk set-up, and Information Technology and Human Resources coordination.
- Maintain accurate, well-organized, up to date files and calendars.
- Organize meetings – schedule, set agendas, and take minutes.
- Provide front-line support and serve as an initial point of contact for visitors.
- Provide research and administrative assistance.
- Assist with updating databases, preparing reports, and other special projects.
- Due to the nature of this position, individuals will occasionally be required to work on the weekends and/or during the evening hours.
- Build comprehensive contacts database.
- Create document templates, design and format reports including Power Point presentations; Excel workbooks and Word documents.
- Proofread documents and assists in creating and/or distributing materials for presentations.
- Other responsibilities as may be designated by the Chief Financial Officer and First Deputy Director.
- Minimum of five years of administrative or clerical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college preferred.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multitask.
- Experience using desktop computers with software packages such as Microsoft Office or other software programs.
- Ability to learn new material quickly and upgrade skills.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (OP)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.