|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Legislative Coordinator||Work Hours||9am-5 pm;
additional hours as needed
|Division||Land Use||Open Date||10/25/2019|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Land Use Division of the New York City Council plays a critical role in in the land use process in the City of New York and is seeking to fill the position of Legislative Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
• Prepare bi-weekly Land Use calendars and introductions and call ups for the Stated Council Agenda.
• Ensure that legal deadlines for all applications are met by arranging to timely file with City Clerk and Mayor.
• Coordinate with Land Use project managers to create biweekly briefing materials in a single cohesive document.
• Prepare public notice for publication in the City Record, including entering it into City Register Online system.
• Prepare Land Use Committee Report and Council Resolutions, legal documents comprising the Council’s decisions.
• Provide clerical support, accept newly filed applications, and maintain files and division databases.
• Update and maintain bi-weekly spreadsheet containing project information and reports.
• A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of satisfactory full-time progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience, one year of which must have been in an administrative capacity or supervising staff performing clerical/administrative work of more than moderate difficulty; OR an associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience including one year of administrative supervisory experience.
• Experience working in City or State government is preferred.
• Proficiency working with Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint and Adobe; experience in handling multiple assignments with competing deadlines with a high degree of accuracy; must be highly organized to work in a fast-paced environment with a large group of people.
• Availability to work additional hours, as needed, to complete assignments/projects.
Residency is required within 90 Days of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Administrative Services – Recruitment Unit/LUCRD
250 Broadway, 16th Floor New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER