|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Legislative Administrative Assistant||Work Hours||9am-5pm|
|Division||Legislative Division||Open Date||01/14/19|
|Number of Positions||2||Close Date||Until Filled|
The New York City Council, which is an equal opportunity employer, is seeking to fill an administrative assistant position in the Legislative Division.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Indexes and maintains the office record keeping system for legislative requests.
- Keeps legislative requests and other projects on schedule.
- Performs administrative and office support activities for Director, Operations Manager, Deputy Directors and other attorneys.
- Coordinates work flow of office; follows established rules and procedures in responding to requests and redirecting items to other attorneys.
- Answers and efficiently routes all in-coming telephone calls, screens visitors.
- Sorts and distributes mail and other correspondences.
- Schedules appointments, arranges meetings and sets-up meeting space appropriately,
- Proofreads documents and assists in creating and/or distributing materials for presentations.
- Coordinates activities of office with various agency commissioners, administrations of the city, state and federal government.
- And other responsibilities as may be designated by the Director.
- Any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as described; increasingly responsible administrative and legal office management experience, preferably in a public agency; coursework in legal assisting or paralegal desirable.
- Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with MS SharePoint a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to handle several tasks/projects simultaneously, ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle time-sensitive, confidential issues and information with discretion, ability to professionally interface with associates and management at all levels,
- Ability to express him/herself clearly and concisely both in writing and orally.
- Notary public or Certified Administrative Professional certification a plus.
New York City residency is required within 90 days of employment.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Administrative Services Division/Recruitment Unit/AA
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Via E-Mail: email@example.com
Via Fax: 212-791-5266