|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Junior Project Manager||Work Hours||9am-5pm|
|Division||Land Use||Open Date||December 11, 2019|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process and review all applications that are received from Department of Consumer Affairs for revocable consents for sidewalk cafes.
• Outreach and communication to Council Members and their staff about sidewalk cafes in their district.
• Review plans and drawing to make sure they are incompliance with rules and regulations.
• Calculate and communicate application timeline and deadlines
• Project manage cafes that Council Members have concerns about:
- Communication with business owners about necessary steps and timelines.
- Prepare briefings of cafes when hearings will be held.
- Assist Council Members, when needed.
• In charge of flow of information to and from Department of Consumer Affairs staff, including requests for violations, information about call ups and forwarding of Council Resolutions.
• Assist project managers by closing out files and forwarding necessary documents.
• Coordinate with project managers to send applications and notices to Council Members at various stages of the project.
• Prepare notice for publication in the City Record and enter it into City Register Online System.
Education and/or Experience:
Any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as described; increasingly responsible administrative and legal office management experience, preferably in a public agency; Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to handle several tasks/projects simultaneously, ability to work under tight deadlines. Ability to handle time-sensitive, confidential issues and information with discretion, ability to professionally interface with associates and management at all levels.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Administrative Services – Recruitment Unit/LUJPM
250 Broadway, 16th Floor New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER