The Community Engagement Division is looking for an energetic and dedicated Intern to join our team. The division is principally responsible for facilitating communication and forging relationships between the Speaker’s Office, Council Members and constituents of the City of New York.
$15-18 per hour
• Updating tutorial materials.
• Supporting district office staff on using the Council’s Constituent Services Data system.
• Working with the manager on analyzing data to identify trends
• Assisting with the preparation and distribution of quarterly reports to all council districts.
• Assisting the manager on training district office staff (in-person or via Zoom/Webex).
• Must be a self-starter and have strong interpersonal, organizational and technical skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Solver, Python, R, HTML, Tableau, Socrata, SQL, is a plus.
• Students currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate studies in computer science, data science, statistics or another related field preferred.
New York City residency is required within 90 days of appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Administrative Services/Recruiting (CSI)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.