|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Full Stack Web Developer||Work Hours||9am to 5pm|
|Division||Legislative Divisions||Open Date||05/06/2019|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New York City Council is seeking a Web Developer to design, maintain, code, test and debug document applications to facilitate the Legislative Division’s business intelligence and back office operations. Responsibilities will include participating in the planning and execution of Agile sprints, utilizing best practices to achieve secure, well-documented and user-friendly applications.
The Web Developer must have the ability to identify security concerns and recommend necessary actions, translate business needs and inquiries into development projects, agility to adjust priorities and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, strong collaborative and communication skills, with the ability to explain proper and safe use of technology in a manner comprehensible to the general public.
- Bachelors or graduate degree in Computer Science, IT, or related fields.
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in web application development.
- Experience with using and deploying to AWS (EC2, S3 and RDS)
- Proficiency with object-oriented programming in Python
- Experience in database management(Specifically MySQL).
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, JS, React and Redux with solid understanding of ES6+
- Experience using versioning control tools (Git)
- Experience with Django, and Django Rest Framework.
- Extensive testing and debugging experience.
- UX/UI design experience and familiarity with NYC government protocol is a plus.
Excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Recruitment Unit /WEBDVLP
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER