|Position||Facilities Assistant||Work Hours||9:00AM to 5:00PM|
|Division||Administrative Services||Open Date||11/02/17|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Services division is looking for an energetic, dedicated and experienced Facilities Assistant to join our Facilities Unit.
Duties of the position include, but is not limited to:
- Driving within the five boroughs of New York. Must take precautions to ensure safety, especially in heavy traffic or bad weather.
- Physically moving furniture, equipment and files.
- Transporting equipment, furniture and paper throughout facilities and in off-site offices.
- Performing inventory on surplus equipment and furniture.
- Responsible for garbage and recycling in building in compliance with New York City Commercial Recycling requirements.
- Accepting delivery and storage of large purchase such as paper and computer supplies.
- Processing Council identification cards, inclusive of entering data and taking photographs.
- Effectively communicating with individuals via emails, over the telephone, or face to face.
- Responding to problematic issues in a timely manner. Coordinating with the internal department to find solutions and resolve matters.
- Miscellaneous duties, as required.
Valid New York State driver’s license; two or more years of experience with moving and/or storage functions; excellent communication skills; display initiative, determination, and assertiveness; can work effectively on group projects as well as independently; is capable of interacting with a broad range of individuals. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to lift 70lbs and practice safe lifting/moving skills. General knowledge of building systems a plus. Availability to participate in after hours and/or off-site events helpful.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/FcAst
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER