The New York City Council is seeking to fill the position of EEO/Diversity Specialist. The individual we seek must have experience and interest in diversity, equity and inclusion issues, as well as an ability to coordinate and implement equal employment and diversity initiatives and programs that fit with the goals of the New York City Council.
$75,000 to $95,000
- Assist in developing and maintaining internal tracking systems, reports, correspondences, diversity event flyers, data analysis and management, record keeping and other responsibilities as per request from the Chief Diversity/ EEO Officer, Chief of Staff, Director of Administrative Services, Personnel Services, Office of the General Counsel and other departments
- Assist with the activities of the Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Programs for the New York City Council to ensure program compliance with relevant law, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with conducting EEO investigations, providing reasonable accommodations in accordance with federal, state and local laws, delivering EEO & Diversity trainings, EEO compliance, website accessibility and Diversity initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and three years’ relevant experience pertaining to EEO and/or Diversity-related matters required.
- Knowledge of EEO laws, complaint procedures, reasonable accommodations and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, excellent presentation, networking and written communication skills required.
- Advanced project management skills including the ability to adapt to a changing environment and managing a wide variety of projects.
- Previous experience developing information materials.
- Experience conducting investigations in EEO and diversity arenas.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, laws and guidelines.
- Successful record of leading or facilitating the completion of diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Computer applications proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Personnel Services/Recruiting (EEO)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.