|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||eDiscovery and Records Retention Coordinator||Work Hours||9AM-5PM|
|Division||Office of General Counsel||Open Date||8/1/2017|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The eDiscovery and Records Retention Coordinator will be part of the NYC Council’s Office of General Counsel team and will focus on supporting the legal team in all aspects of eDiscovery from preservation, collection, processing, and production. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a new initiative to convert paper records to digital files. The position carries with it the unique opportunity to build and supervise our digitalization process and assist with change management. The successful candidate will work directly with Council departmental directors on the development and implementation of this process. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeps up to date with changes in eDiscovery and retention law, technologies, and best practices. Leads the development of best practices, policies, and procedures pertaining to eDiscovery processes and administration.
- Manages institutional changes and improvements as they pertain to eDiscovery and retention.
- Determines operational objectives by studying institutional functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Establishes, promotes, grows and manages paper-to-digital records conversion Council wide.
- Evaluates and implements electronic workflows for greater efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures risk management and legal compliance by assisting staff with efficient creation, tracking, capture, index, searching, maintenance, retention, and final disposition of critical records/documents.
- Audits, measures, and adjusts for potential safety, security, and compliance breaches.
- J.D. and admission to NY State Bar.
- 2+ years of eDiscovery experience with a law firm, in-house legal department, or eDiscovery service provider.
- Thorough knowledge of the eDiscovery process including evolving standards created through case law, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Sedona Conference, and industry trends. Experience with eDiscovery software including Ringtail.
- Must be familiar with and integrate digitization processes with traditional paper file creation, data collection, indexing, retrieval, storage, and destruction processes. Maintain confidentiality of all information related to client documents and institutional procedures and practices.
- Adept problem solver with ability to lead and collaborate with others, prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet timelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation competencies, as well as being able to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and highly dependable, process oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to problems and recommend the best solution to the project team.
- Must be able to meet with staff of varying levels to gather, document, and understand particular office and institutional requirements to complete eDiscovery and retention assignments.
Must be able to sit and walk for extended periods of time, travel locally, and meet typical records management physical requirements such as push, lift, shelve and record boxes up to 40 lbs.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/EDISC
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER