|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Digital Manager||Work Hours||9 am – 5 pm|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
Duties and Responsibilities
Do you love digital media and New York City? The New York City Council and the office of Speaker Corey Johnson seeks a Digital Manager within its Communications Team. The Digital Manager is responsible for informing New Yorkers about the work of the City Council through social media.
· Draft content for social media channels and post on these channels.
· Monitor and respond to breaking news online.
· Develop a comprehensive social media strategy to create engagement and increase followers across multiple platforms.
· Create and manage social media content calendar.
· Write, design and produce original content like graphics, and work with our videographer to create short videos.
· Work across departments to ensure consistency and quality in the NYC Council’s digital presence, including working with our website development and photography teams.
· At least two years of full-time paid experience working in digital media, social media management, journalism, PR or other related field.
· Strong desire to improve the lives of New Yorkers.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a fastidious attention to detail.
· Quick learner that is able to build working knowledge of a broad range of policy issues and accurately and creatively communicate the nuances of those issues online.
· In-depth knowledge and proven track record of success and creativity in managing platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
· Basic graphic design skills and knowledge, including Photoshop.
· Agility to adjust priorities and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience with and desire to work in a fast-paced communications and press office.
· Understanding of New York City government and/or with policy.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/DM
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER