|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Data Scientist||Work Hours||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Division||Oversight and Investigations||Open Date||January 8, 2020|
|Number of Positions||Multiple||Close Date||Until Filled|
The New York City Council is the legislative body of the City of New York. In that role, the Council also has powerful oversight authority over city government. The Oversight and Investigations Division (O&I) was established in 2018 and is dedicated to conducting oversight into City agency activities and other important matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Scientist will join the Data Analytics Team of the Oversight and Investigations Division, partnering with Division staff to develop and enhance investigations through data analytics.
Responsibilities will include:
• Collect and manipulate data to conduct exploratory analysis
• Create data visualizations to present results
• Work closely with O&I staff to plan and conduct investigations
• Bachelors degree from an accredited university in a quantitative discipline
• Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Experience (2+ years) with Python or R
• Ability to effectively present results using visualizations
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to communicate technical results to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work collaboratively with other data scientists and O&I staff
• Experience or interest in government and/or policy
• Experience in investigations
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/DataOp
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER