|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Data Analyst||Work Hours||9:00am to 5:00pm|
|Unit||Oversight and Investigations||Open Date||04/26/18|
|Number of Positions||Multiple||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New York City Council is the legislative body of the City of New York. In that role, the City Charter vests the Council with, among other things, powerful oversight authority over mayoral agencies and any matter effecting the property and affairs of the City. The Council takes this responsibility seriously, with over 30 committees conducting hundreds of oversight hearings each year on topics ranging from progress on closing Riker’s Island to the erroneous lifting of deed restrictions on Rivington House. The Council seeks to build on this work through the establishment of an Oversight and Investigations Unit, which will work with the Committee on Oversight and Investigations to conduct complex, in-depth oversight into City agency activities and other important matters.
The Data Analyst will lead the data efforts of the Oversight and Investigations Unit, partnering with Unit staff to develop and enhance investigations through the collection and analysis of data.
- B.S, M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, or a related field.
- Apply statistics properly (peer review quality) to large, non-normal and poorly behaved data sets.
- Ability to extract information from an array of file types/databases and analyze relevant content.
- Experience implementing data analysis, including but not limited to; time series, geographic, and machine learning.
- Proficiency in programming/scripting languages and statistical software.
- Interest in, or knowledge of, City government.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/OIDataAnalyst
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER