The Community Engagement Division is looking for an energetic, dedicated and experienced Community Liaison to join our team. The division is principally responsible for facilitating communication and forging relationships between the Speaker’s Office, Council Members and constituents of the City of New York.
$55,000 to $84,000
- Staffing or representing the Office of the Speaker at events, as required
- Assisting with in-house and remote events and parades.
- Communicating with district office staff and working with related committee staff.
- Briefing the Office of the Speaker on the concerns of an area or segment of the population, and suggesting proactive courses of action relating to solving problems related to them.
- Weekly reporting on all activities, database entry and other administrative tasks, as necessary.
- Applicants should possess excellent organizational and public speaking skills and be well versed in issues facing New York City residents.
- A Baccalaureate Degree is preferred, but not required.
- Applicants who are capable of creative and analytical thinking; displays initiative, determination and assertiveness; can function effectively working on group projects as well as independently; and capable of interacting with a broad range of individuals.
- Knowledge of New York City and its communities helpful. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Due to the nature of this position, individuals will occasionally be required to work various shifts such as weekends and/or evening shifts.
New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
As of November 15, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus to work at City Hall and/or 250 Broadway offices, or at any Council Member district office, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with the New York City Council, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the New York City Council.
The New York City Council makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact EEOOfficer@council.nyc.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Administrative Services/Recruiting (CL)
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10007
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New York City Council is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.