|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Division||Land Use||Open Date||02/07/18|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Land Use Division of the New York City Council plays a critical role in in the land use process in the City of New York and is seeking to fill an Attorney position.
The primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Review land use applications filed with Council and identify policy and technical issues
- Supervise non-legal or paralegal staff in the preparation of calendar and other required notices
- Conduct research and interpret laws and regulations regarding land use matters;
- Draft resolutions and legislation relating to land use matters;
- Advise Council Members on legal and legislative matters, including the preparation of legal memoranda; and
- Assist in the conduct of Council hearings by the Land Use subcommittees.
- Applicants must possess a J. D. from an accredited school of law and be admitted to practice law in New York State;
- A minimum of two years of experience in land use, zoning and/or planning is required;
- A strong working knowledge of government, the legislative process and familiarity with New York City and State law;
- Applicants must possess excellent writing, legal research and analytical skills, strong communication and organizational abilities, be detail oriented and ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of New York City Zoning resolution is strongly preferred; and
- Knowledge of the City and State environmental quality review law is a plus.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Recruitment Unit/LUATT
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER