|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Administrative Assistant||Work Hours||9am to 5pm|
|Division||Legislative Division||Open Date||02/05/18|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New York City Council is seeking to fill an Administrative Assistant position in the Legislative Division.
Job duties include:
- Indexes and maintains the office record keeping system for legislative requests.
- Keeps legislative requests and other projects on schedule.
- Performs administrative and office support activities for Director, Deputy Director and other attorneys.
- Coordinates workflow of office; follows established rules and procedures in responding to requests and redirecting items to other attorneys.
- Answers and efficiently routes all in-coming telephone calls, screens visitors.
- Sorts and distributes mail and other correspondences. Schedules appointments, arranges meetings and sets-up meeting space appropriately,
- Proofreads documents and assists in creating and/or distributing materials for presentations.
- Coordinates activities of office with various agency commissioners, administrations of the city, state and federal government.
- Other responsibilities as may be designated by the Director.
Applicants should possess any combination of education, training and experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as described; increasingly responsible administrative and legal office management experience, preferably in a public agency; coursework in legal assisting or paralegal desirable. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with MS SharePoint a plus. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to handle several tasks/projects simultaneously. Ability to work under tight deadlines. Ability to handle time-sensitive, confidential issues and information with discretion. Ability to professionally interface with associates and management at all levels. Ability to express him/herself clearly and concisely both in writing and orally.
Notary public or Certified Administrative Professional certification a plus. Certification or experience as an Indexer a plus.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward resume and a cover letter to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Administrative Services/AAIndexing
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER