|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Administrative Assistant||Work Hours||9am to 5pm|
|Number of Positions||2||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Division is looking for energetic, dedicated and experienced Administrative Assistants to join our team of professionals.
- Support the Budget Unit Deputies.
- Develop systems to monitor assignments and work flow.
- Organize meetings – schedule, set agendas, and take minutes.
- Mange the Budget Unit calendar.
- Manage correspondence including email.
- Build comprehensive contacts database.
- Create document templates, and design and format reports including power point presentations; excel workbooks; and Word documents.
- Manage document production for the Unit. Filing.
- Create excel spreadsheets to track City Council initiatives and other budget items.
- Maintain internal policy directions, professional development materials and standards.
- Coordinate work with administrative staff.
- Troubleshooting; task and process managing and all around operations assisting.
- Performs administrative and office support activities for Director and Deputy Directors.
- Answers and efficiently routes all in-coming telephone calls, screens visitors.
- Sorts and distributes mail and other correspondences. Schedules appointments, arranges meetings and sets-up meeting space appropriately, filing.
- Proofreads documents and assists in creating and/or distributing materials for presentations.
- Coordinates activities of office with various agency commissioners, administrations of the city, state and federal government.
- Follows established rules and procedures of office workflow.
- Other responsibilities as may be designated by the Director.
Applicants should possess any combination of education, training and experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as described above; office management experience in a public agency helpful. Strong knowledge of MS Office. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to handle several tasks/projects simultaneously. Ability to work under tight deadlines. Ability to interact professionally with associates and management at all levels. Ability to express him/herself clearly and concisely both in writing and orally. Availability to work additional hours during peak times required.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward resume and a cover letter to:
New York City Council
Attn: Administrative Services/FinAA
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER