|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Women’s Caucus Administrative Manager||Work Hours||9am-5pm|
|Division||Women’s Caucus||Open Date||1/31/ 2020|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Women’s Caucus of the New York City Council seeks a full-time management professional to facilitate the operations of the Caucus. This position reports directly to the Caucus Co-Chairs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
• Work with members of the Caucus to develop, organize, and execute legislative and budget agendas.
• Amplify existing agendas of interest to the Caucus.
• Collaborate with legislators, government agencies, community groups, and other stakeholders to support the Caucus’ legislative and budget priorities.
• Represent the Caucus at events and meetings with various stakeholders.
• Draft press communications, memoranda, agendas, meeting minutes, and reports; schedule meetings and briefings.
• Perform outreach with collaborative partners in the public and private sectors.
• Manage social media pages and create newsletters. Organize and serve as primary contact for special events.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the City Hall office.
• Supervise support staff. Delegate project assignments to staff, review work, suggest strategies and provide assistance when necessary.
Two to four years of work experience in government with management and/or administration, public policy, legislative affairs, public affairs, non-profits, or community organizations; excellent writing and verbal communication skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong attention to detail; demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and political setting; work with WordPress & Microsoft Office suite. Undergraduate/Graduate degree in public management, political science, public policy, management, communications, non-profit management, economics, and/or equivalent work experience in these areas. Bilingual is a plus.
New York City Residency is required within 90 days of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/WCAM
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER