|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Speaker Advance||Work Hours||Variable, including weekends and holidays|
|Division||Speaker’s Office||Open Date||02/14/2020|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides “on the ground” information and logistical support to the traveling party prior to their arrival at destinations outside of City Hall.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the speaking program; identifying and checking in with the host; identifying elected officials; determining the seating for the Speaker at functions.
- Providing information and logistical support to NYPD Intelligence Division officers protecting the Speaker that includes identifying the quickest route for the Speaker to enter and exit and pre-registering with building security for the arrival of the Speaker, traveling staff and security detail.
- At public events, informing, leading, supporting, and communicating with the Speaker’s traveling team of any on-site information.
- At public events, handling all aspects of logistics prior to the arrival of the Speaker.
- Providing support to the press team to ensure the Council message and brand are presented professionally to all media entities.
- Collaborating with internal and external operational staff ahead of time to successfully prepare for events.
Must possess a valid New York State driver’s license; expert knowledge of New York City/State venues; GPS systems; ability to handle large and sometimes contentious public audiences at functions attended by Speaker and flexible work schedule (rotating schedules) are of extreme importance.
New York City Residency required within 90 Days of appointment. Excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience are offered.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Administrative Services/Recruiting Unit/SPKADV
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER