|NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL JOB POSTING|
|Position||Legislative Assistant||Work Hours||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Division||Community Engagement Division-Correspondence Unit||Open Date||03/02/2017|
|Number of Positions||1||Close Date||Until Filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New York City Council’s Correspondence Unit within the Community Engagement Division is seeking a candidate with excellent reading and writing skills.
The Correspondence Unit is primarily responsible for processing all of the mail that the Speaker receives as head of the City Council. The Unit is also responsible for sending out targeted email blasts from the Speaker and other City Council Members, as well as for issuing proclamations on behalf of the Speaker and her Council colleagues.
- Reading and writing short descriptions/summaries of the Speaker’s mail;
- Transmitting constituent/governmental mail to the appropriate Council divisions and staff for review/follow-up;
- Drafting responses to constituent mail on behalf of the Speaker and/or Unit;
- Maintaining and updating records and lists in the Unit’s database;
- Providing staffing support at Council events, including cultural celebrations and other important events hosted by the Speaker;
- Processing Enews sign-ups and staying up-to-date on key priorities/initiatives being advanced by the Speaker and her Council colleagues.
Qualified candidate would preferably possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of full-time relevant experience; or an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of full-time relevant experience. In addition, knowledge of and experience with Windows Package, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel, are required.
New York City Residency Required within 90 Days of Appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
MAIL: New York City Council
Attn: Recruiting Unit/CU
250 Broadway, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10007
FAX: (212) 791-5266
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER