Participating Districts
Printer Friendly Newsletter Signup Translate This Page
Text Size: A  A  A

Participating Districts


Council Members each allocate at least $1 million in discretionary capital funding to be decided upon by district residents. This year, twenty-eight Council Members are participating in the process, giving the community real decision-making power over more than $30 million in taxpayer money. 

Cycle 5 Participating Districts:

Andrew Cohen

(District 11, Bronx)
Costa Constantinides (District 22, Queens)
Robert Cornegy (District 36, Brooklyn)
Laurie Cumbo (District 35, Brooklyn)
Elizabeth Crowley (District 30, Queens)
Mathieu Eugene (District 40, Brooklyn)
Julissa Ferreras (District 21, Queens)
David Greenfield  (District 44, Brooklyn)
Barry Grodenchick (District 23, Queens)
Corey Johnson (District 3, Manhattan)
Ben Kallos  (District 5, Manhattan)
Karen Koslowitz (District 29, Queens)
Brad Lander (District 39, Brooklyn)
Steve Levin (District 33, Brooklyn)
Mark Levine  (District 7, Manhattan)
Melissa Mark-Viverito (District 8, Manhattan/Bronx)
Carlos Menchaca (District 38, Brooklyn)
Daneek Miller (District 27, Queens)
Antonio Reynoso (District 34, Brooklyn/Queens)
Donovan Richards (District 31, Queens)
Ydanis Rodriguez (District 10, Manhattan)
Helen Rosenthal (District 6, Manhattan)
Ritchie Torres (District 15, Bronx)
Mark Treyger (District 47, Brooklyn)
Eric Ulrich (District 32, Queens)
Paul Vallone (District 19, Queens)
Jimmy Van Bramer (District 26, Queens)
Jumaane Williams (District 45, Brooklyn)

What do I need to bring to the polls in order to vote?

One or more documents proving current address and age, including:

  • A document with name and current address from a local, state, or US government agency such as a state driver’s license or non-driver ID, consular ID, passport, EBT card, military ID card;
  • Voter registration card;
  • Utility, medical, credit card bill with name and current address;
  • Current lease;
  • Paycheck or paycheck stub from an employer or a W-2 statement;
  • Bank statement or bank-issued credit card statement;
  • Student ID;
  • Employee ID;
  • Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) or other Immigration Documentation;
  • Residency Letter or Identification issued by a homeless shelter, halfway house, etc;
  • Passport or other ID issued by a foreign government;
  • Social Security Card or Social Security benefit statements or check;
  • Employment Authorization Document;
  • Medicare or other insurance document with address;
  • Tax forms;
  • School records (or naming the parents of children attending school and the parents’ address;
  • Title to any property (automobiles, house, etc.) with address;
  • Birth or marriage certificate;
  • Union Membership Card.

Individuals who cannot present the above documents should contact their Council Member’s office to discuss how they can participate.